Friday, June 26, 2009

What's for Lunch?

Little Rai, you finally got to try out your antique high chair this morning! Did you know that your Mom, too, ate countless meals in this wooden relic? And your Grandmother or someone else's grandmother before that. This chair is old!
You immediately made yourself at home in your chair and quickly gave me that "What's for lunch, Pops?" look. When I put your bottle in front of you, you gave me another look: "Milk in a bottle again?!" So, I tried pizza but you looked more scared than anything.
Lucky for you, there IS a middle ground and it looks like it's never too early to stock our cupboards with apple sauce. But why stop at apple sauce? These days, you can get pureed anything in a jar. I should know -- at your baby shower, blindfolded, I had to guess six or seven different flavors while family and friends gathered around and laughed at my expense. Don't worry, we won't laugh when you have your first 'pasta dinner in a jar' (yes, that's a real flavor!). Like me, you'll probably spit it out thinking "this tastes NOTHING like a pasta dinner!" So many good times to come, little one. Excited?

No comments:

Post a Comment