Isotope, the Comic Book Lounge. Your Dad's comic shop of choice. Thursday is new comic book day. Since we made the move out to "the Avenues", there are at least 4 comic shops that are closer to us but, what can I say, I'm loyal and I like the proprietor at the Isotope so I'll keep going there for my weekly fix of Batman adventures even if your Mom tries to get me to cancel my account there and move my loyal business somewhere closer to home. Hey, once you've got a good dealer, it's tough to trust another.
It was well worth it. I got my two Batman graphic novels for the week (yes, they're 'graphic novels' not 'comics' Auntie Kate). You, anxious to find out the latest happenings in the Batworld, woke up and looked mighty excited to see all those mint condition books lining those stainless steel shelves. Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Captain America, the X-Men, the Hulk, and more. Who wouldn't get excited? You could hardly contain yourself. Actually, you couldn't contain yourself -- you wet and soiled your diaper simultaneously. We had to leave a little ashamed that
And after that embarrassing episode, it was straight home for us where you got a bath so that we could again enjoy you in a super cute nightgown. Yes, you were 'Just Duckie' and ready for bed.
I'm sure you couldn't help but take note of the proprietor of the graphic novel shop (comic shop to the rest of us other than your dad). He looks like he stepped out of one of those "novels", doesn't he? Yes, very stylish and flamboyant in an entertaining manner. He puts the "P" in Pizzazz, Rai, and not in his diaper. But then, it takes time to learn these things, and I'm sure the day will come when that "P" finds a more socially acceptable place. Until then, it looks like your Thursday's are booked.
ReplyDelete