You know, Rai, I used to wonder how I'd ever be able to maintain the mad pace of 1 blog posting

every 2 or 3 days. I set the precedent early on and am now committed to it. Now, 2 months into your life, I know that I can keep this up for months, if not years. The novelty that is you is definitely not wearing out and, I guess, it takes being a parent to know that even the most mundane events and actions associated with parenthood bring with them the exhilaration of Super Bowl Sunday.

So, this story (if you can call it that) while eyebrow-raisingly uninteresting for most, is abundantly entertaining for your Mom and I. Still, with the very likely outcome that we may lose a handful of our faithful followers, I continue to write this 'story'. And to present nothingness as a true tale, I will begin with...
Once upon a time, there was a boy named Rai Sequoia. Although just 2 months old, Rai enjoyed playing the part of a much older being. Recently, this behaviour has meant that he enjoys sitting in 'man-sized' chairs. The

problem with Rai is that any prolonged period of time spent sitting or lying down inevitably leads to him falling asleep.
Today, you began alert on the chair in our living room that just won't sell on craigslist (if you want this chair, let us know). Soon, though, your eyes fluttered, your lips twitched and you fell asleep. Your Batman blankie gave you the extra comfort and support that
you needed. It's tough to sleep in a sitting position, though, so we

lay you down and built a Bat-Cave around you to give you some darkness.
Finally, when the Bat-Cave just wasn't enough anymore, we buried you under a pile of blankets knowing that this would put you to sleep one way or another. We did, however, make sure that your feet were sticking out to keep you from overheating.
Oh, and you lived happily ever after.
Sixty-four years later, I still have my feet out of the blankets, Rai. But it's the bat cave I've been missing all these years. Thanks for the tip.
ReplyDelete