Rai, your Grandpa's shoes are very large shoes to fill. They are shoes I never imagined could be completely filled by anyone. Growing up, your Grandfather was not only an extraordinary father to me but he was also my best friend and my hero. He still is. I confide in him daily. I respect him more than anyone else and have always aspired to be as compassionate, gentle and loving as he is. To this day, I have never met someone as selfless as your Grandfather.
When I met your Father I found he and your Grandfather shared many similarities. I didn't realize just how similar they were until the day you were born, the day your Dad became your Father. Over these past fourteen months your Dad has taken your Grandfather's shoes and filled them completely as I have watched him become an incredible father. To watch the two of you together has been by far the most beautiful sight I have been witness to.
Your Dad shows you that he loves you a hundred different ways every day. He does everything he can to make you happy, to excite you, and to teach you how to enjoy every moment of life. In your short life, you have already seen and experienced more than many have in a lifetime through all those morning walks, hikes in the mountains, endless exploring in the city, and trips around California.
Your Dad has also taken on most of the responsibility in caring for you since the day you were born and on the day he found out that your younger sibling is a passenger in my belly, he gladly took on 90% of the work without even a mention of it.
I can't imagine our life without your Dad.
Thanks Macius for being such an incredible dad, my best friend and the hero both Rai and I love having in our lives. We love you with all our hearts.
Make sure you have your sound on for the show!
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment