weekends, while so many of my friends were sleeping in, I was up by 5:30 or 6:00 a.m. on Saturday morning, ready to take on the new day. And, every Saturday began with Saturday morning cartoons. I loved that part of my weekly routine.One day, Rai, I hope that we can enjoy together this early Saturday morning tradition. One hurdle stands in the way, of course, and that is the fact that we don't and will not have a television. However, I'm certain that
by the time you're ready to watch Saturday morning cartoons, we'll have some wi-fi, internet device on which we can watch 'tv' shows.Prime time for Saturday morning cartoons in my day was around 9 a.m. so I had little to choose from at 5:30 or 6:00 when I woke up. That early, all I had to watch were the oldest, syndicated cartoons. Rocket Robin Hood was one and another, and one of my favorites, was the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.
So, when your Mom brought you home the other day wearing a
Bullwinkle hat, I couldn't be happier! You look so cute in that hat while bringing back some fond childhood memories for me.Just a half decade from now (I can see it now), while your Mom sleeps in, we'll be up together at 5 a.m. on Saturday morning, making some vegan sausages and tofu scrambled (like my Dad and I used to do) while watching some cartoons on the holograph machine! Can't wait for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment