Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year, New Look

It's a New Year so I decided to try something new. For the past month, I've been growing a beard, the goal of which was to have a natural 'Santa beard' on the last day of school before the winter holiday. That was mildly successful.
So, when it came time to shave the beard at the end of the holiday, I just couldn't part with it. While shaving, perhaps inspired by the new Sherlock Holmes film, I decided to keep the moustache. Not only that, I kept the sideburns. And not only that, I kept the connection between the 'stache and the burns. The result has been much more successful than the Santa beard ever dreamed of being. The 'unichop', as your Mom calls it, Rai, has been a big hit.
They say that imitation is the biggest form of flattery. I was reminded of this today in class when one of my students came in with a moustache like mine taped to his face. However, the greatest reward was when you, Rai, imitated the 'stache'!
You've been eager to get a taste of our daily morning 'green smoothies' for weeks now but today, showing some real eagerness, I decided to reward you with a taste of the smoothie. It is then that I realized that you wanted more than just the smoothie. As I moved the cup from your mouth, there it was, a giant, green moustache! That was your goal all along! All boys want to be just like their Dad's, right? You, you wanted a 'stache just like your Dad has and you did it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I dig the 'tache. You must have freaked your students out when you showed up with that thing.

    ReplyDelete