Like we said, Rai, you have enough articles of clothing that,when it comes time to choose an outfit, it's usually not as much a question of

matching shirt to pants as it is the challenge of: can I make my outfit match the environment I'll be in. This could mean matching your Mom's outfit or jacket, or finding pants with a texture that matches a couch you know you'll find yourself on, or even wearing 'beach' colors when heading to the beach.
Yesterday, however, you took this to the next level. You went beyond

color and texture. You entered the realm of thematic accessorization. We were headed out for an afternoon of hiking in the Presidio National Park. As we packed up our supplies for the day, you noted that Dad was packing Volume 10 of the 'Fables' graphic novel series. This epic follows the adventures of famous

fairy tale and fable characters who have found themselves cast out of their homelands and into the mundane world, our world. Then, Mom said, "It will be great to take a walk in the forest...".
There, that was enough. Those two clues set your mind in motion. Fables. A walk in the forest. Red Riding Hood is a fairy tale

character. She walked through the forest. I have a red jacket that looks more like a cloak with a hood. That would be
the perfect outfit for this outing.
Must. Get. Red cloak. But how? There goes Mom, headed for my closet looking for a jacket. Make noise. Good, she's coming back, picking me up. Now, I'm in her arms, approaching closet door. Mom: "Okay, Rai-ski, we have to get a jacket for you..." Closet door... opening. Oh, no! So many

jackets. Mom's hand moves from jacket to jacket. Getting closer to the red cloak... Okay, not yet, not yet... now! Giggle, giggle. Laugh. Mom: "You like that one, Rai?"
And so, if only for the afternoon, I was Little Red Rai-ding Hood. I hope this family is into dress up.
No comments:
Post a Comment