My tour of the city began way back in 2001 when I stopped here for a week on my way to Japan. Then, in late 2003, I followed your Mom here and made it past a suspicious group of Customs Officers with a mere 1-month visa in my Passport. A month only? That's
Naturally, your Mom and I decided to get married 23 days into that 1-month visa so that I could remain in S.F. instead of being shipped back to Canada.
So, I've lived here for 5 years now and despite all those days in San
Although, I've explored just about every alley and lane in this city, done all the standard tourist stuff, and seen every major attraction from every possible angle, there was one marquee San Francisco must-do tourist attraction that I didn't experience until just 2 days ago and that is to ride
So, although the title of this story may imply your first ride on a cable car (which it was), it also celebrates my first ride too! It took me 8 years to get on and ride a cable car. Can you believe it?! And, how was it? Fantastic! I
We took the route that begins at Powell and Market in the heart of downtown S.F., travels uphill towards Nob Hill, then along Hyde Street over the crest of Russian Hill, and down Hyde into the Marina and right to the waterfront. Our red and green cable car with its old wooden benches rattled up the hills and offered us marvelous
Will I wait another 8 years before I ride again? No way! The extra ticket we have left over from the trip will guarantee that I'll be making the trip sometime soon again.
Rai looks so happy! It must have been a great ride
ReplyDelete