frugal. That's right, I count myself amongst the world's most adamant penny pinchers. I'm a cheapskate and so, you must be one too.What's that? What did you say, Rai? "I'm not a Flisak so I don't have to act like a Flisak." Sorry, little buddy, it doesn't matter whether your last name is
Yesterday was the first Tuesday of the month so Mr.Frugal, me, planned a day of museum-hopping for the family. First Tuesdays are free days at many of the best museums in The City. We began with the Conservatory of Flowers whose warm and humid interior protects and nurtures a huge variety of tropical plants and trees.
You gave a longing glance back at the white facade of the House of Flowers, knowing that a comfortable, tropical warmth lay beyond the swinging front doors. Your Mom and I added the Conservatory to our mental list of 'places to go with Rai' categorizing it as 'good for cool, foggy days'.
waste not, want not! =) i like your frugality. and rai, again, don't let your dad fool you: even though he is frugal and speaks of it as if it is a vice, it is actually a virtue when combined with his generous and caring spirit. he is not a scrouge; he is simply not wasteful! kind of a foreign concept in the 21st C, but i think more people will catch on soon. =)
ReplyDelete