Finally. I had reached the doorstep of the Italian Alps. A long, long, long-time dream of mine was realized: I had arrived in the Italian Dolomites. My mountain adventure would begin in the Trentino-Alto Adige province. I began with Rovereto and its fabulous Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art. From there, Trento and Lake Molveno. The next day, I began with Merano before tackling the first of many incredible hikes: the hike up to the Rifugio delle Odle in the Val di Funes. This may be the most outstanding mountain vista that I have seen anywhere in the world. From there, I followed the east-west valley south of this one, the Val di Gardena, eastwards through Ortisei and Corvara. Further north, in the final valley dividing Italy and Austria, I visited the alpine Lago di Braies. No, I did not take a rowboat out onto the lake.
Friday, July 19, 2024
Summer Holiday: Trentino-Alto Adige
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment