Monday, September 13, 2010

Who's in My Crib?

Last night, while playing our nightly game of hide and go seek, you came searching for me in your bedroom only to find that I wasn't in all the usual spots. Under the bed? No. In the closet? No. Under the desk? Nope. "Where's Daddy?" Mom asked. It took you awhile, but you finally decided to glance over at an unlikely hiding spot -- your crib. There I was, laying inside your crib, hiding under your blankets.
Last time I wrote about someone taking over your crib, Rai, it was Love the cat. When Red passed away, you thought that you'd never again have to worry about anyone trying to claim your crib. Well, you know what, Rai? I found the crib pretty comfortable. I like the secure feeling I had with all those bars around. As much as tight spaces are called claustrophobic, there's also a comfort there. You may find me napping there again. If you do, you can always resort to your secondary sleeping option: sprawling out on your blankets in the middle of the hallway. That works.

No comments:

Post a Comment