game time for the World Cup Final was 11:30, today was no different. You were down for your nap by 11:15. You missed the first half. You missed the first half hour of the second half. Since we don't have a t.v., I sat watching the game at the corner laundromat. As the second half neared it's end, I looked out the windows, hoping to see you and your Mom And, there you were! You had hurriedly awoken from your nap, asking, "Mom, did I miss the game?!" When Mom told you that the score was nil-nil and that you could still catch the final minutes, you quickly threw on your Netherlands orange and ran down to the laundromat.
The second half ended, still scoreless. As a family, we sat on the edges of our plastic seats, washing machines and dryers rumbling and tumbling in the background. On this day, unfortunately, our gasps, groans and cheers were not
Don't feel bad, little Rai. One day we'll all go to Holland to celebrate Queen's Day, and you can celebrate with all your new-found "orange" friends. Don't forget your T-shirt.
ReplyDelete人生之中,比冒險更危險的一件事:不去冒險。..................................................
ReplyDeleteOranje Boven!
ReplyDeleteViva La Roja!!
ReplyDelete