I'm out of bed, lightning fast. Time is limited because it takes only a few short minutes for your
cute waking sounds and words to become shouts. Those shouts quickly progress to screams and the rattling of the crib bars begins. At six in the morning, those are sounds we prefer to avoid and so, the mad rush begins.I'm in the kitchen in a flash. A waffle goes into the toaster oven, the apple sauce comes out of the fridge. Then, running, I head for the living room. The cute sounds have already turned to louder, more pleading words that, if translated, would be something like, "Alright already, Dad. I'm
awake now! Where are you? Get me out of this cage!" I have 30 seconds, a minute at most before the shouts and rattling begin.Hurrying, I tidy up your reading area by the bookshelf, putting any books that were left out last night away neatly. Then, I head for your play area. This spot, too, must be clean and neat, looking perfect in order to meet your approval first thing in the morning.
Now holding you, back in the kitchen, you point at the toaster oven, as if your gaze and extended finger alone could make it toast faster. Soon after, eating your waffle, you get down to your morning read. This 1 hour period of time involves you
flipping through your books, one at a time, getting through so many books that you quickly end up with a massive pile of books surrounding you completely. Often, you trap yourself, unable to climb and crawl your way out of this self-constructed prison of words. Incredibly, you have the desire and patience to have at least 20 books read to you every morning. Big reader? No doubt.To help you out with that reading, I've attached a photo of the alphabet and single digit numbers taken from patterns on butterfly wings! Wow!
No comments:
Post a Comment