Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

If it wasn't made clear enough in the last post, I'd like to say it once more: Rai, you are a cunning little boy, a master of using your charms to get anything and everything you want. Your smile, your innocent eyes, those outstretched arms -- all that and more is enough to draw anyone in. Then, once they are within reach, you go for the jugular.
Like a nature photographer on a Serengeti assignment, I hid in the undergrowth, waiting for that perfect moment, waiting to capture, on film, the natural behavior of Rai. In the wild, unaware that you are being observed, you show your true nature.
You're an animal, a relentless hunter. You stalk your prey, the Lego Man. As with people, you begin by flashing a smile, putting on an air of harmlessness. The Lego Man falls for it. He stands fixed in place, aware of your presence but not scared. He welcomes your approach.
You lift one paw (I mean, hand) and advance slightly. Lego Man doesn't flinch, his smile unchanged. Then, without hesitation, in a lightning fast motion, you pounce on him, tear at his torso with your hands and mouth. He falls, beaten, torn limb from limb, a ghostly smile still on his lips. [Editor's Note: as this is a family site, photos taken after the attack have not been included]

1 comment:

  1. Dear Editor: I was present during the attack. The entire Lego community is still in shock.

    ReplyDelete