For at least 2 months, Ko has been literally counting the days until his birthday arrived. Now, the day has come and gone and all I can remember is him counting those days and, finally, sitting on the edge of his bed, crying, and saying, "I was waiting for it so long and when it got here, it passed so quickly." I can't remember the last time I was so sad, Sad for him, sad for his poignant expression of disappointment, and sad because, in that single sentence, he had pretty much summed up all experience. How much time do we all spend waiting for something forgetting to enjoy the journey. And, here is our son, about halfway through his time with us, reminding us how quickly time passes.
That day did pass quickly but we made sure to spread his birthday celebration out over several days, a weekend day here, another weekend day there, and a small gettogether with two friends and sleeepover with one. It was a fit celcbration for a boy turning ten in the age of Covid.
Ko, we love you so much and thank you for reminding us that time passes way too quickly and that we have to remember to enjoy every single moment that we have together. You are the best. Happy birthday!
Tuesday, October 20, 2020
Kotaru is 10 Years Old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment