Friday, January 1, 2016

3 Weeks in Sri Lanka - Day 10: Adam's Peak

The most sacred mountain in Sri Lanka is also one of its best hikes. Adam's Peak, held sacred by Buddhists, Hindus, and Christians alike, is located in an incredibly beautiful part of the hill country with plenty of flawless, green peaks all around. It was a bit of a journey to get to the trailhead, but well, well worth it. We knew that the 6831 steps to the peak would be too much for the boys so, while Ash slept with the boys, I did the night hike, starting at 1:30 a.m. and getting to the peak at 3:10 a.m. Why so early? Because I followed the advice of the guidebook! I had forgotten that I usually hike at a rate that is 1/3 the recommended hike time. Waiting on the peak in the cold night wind was the only downside to the experience as the views were incredible!




























































































No comments:

Post a Comment