preschool would hire a trapeze artist to come in once a week to teach a trapeze class? No other school! What a unique experience! And this isn't just any trapeze artist. He's a trapeze artist named Stefan! If that isn't a trapeze artist name, I don't know what is.Yesterday, I had the chance to visit Rai and Ko's school in the morning and was lucky enough to catch the trapeze class in session. I opened the doors to the multi-purpose room with the excitement of a child. Inside, I
knew I'd find a miniature circus. Nets, ladders, trapeze swings hanging from the ceiling and, of course, Rai and his little friends swinging around everywhere. This was going to be gr.... ? The door now open, I stopped in my tracks. No swings, no nets, no ladders, no kids swinging. Just the kids sitting on the floor mats, Stefan at their center. "Let's rock and roll," said Stefan excitedly. The kids knew
what to do, they rolled on their backs, legs tucked in. "Become a seal," ordered Stefan. The kids lay on their tummies, raising their heads and barked like seals. That led to another stretch, and another. It looks like trapeze class is more of a stretching class. A good thing, but not what I had expected. I guess I'll be stroking circus performer off of the list of potential careers for Rai.


No comments:
Post a Comment