Friday, February 19, 2010

You Dislike Lines Too?

Common likes bring people together. Common dislikes really bring people together.
Yesterday, Rai, I discovered that we have a strong and passionate dislike (I hesitate to use the word 'hate') for queues in common.
It's Mr.Mom week for me as the grandparents are out of town and someone had to take care of you, right Rai? Having a pile of sick days accrued, I took this week off to be with you. Other than the daily walks, our one 'special' activity for the week was to be a visit to the Academy of Sciences. Wednesday was the one free day for the entire month. We arrived at the front steps of the Academy at 11:30 at looked at the line.
We looked at the line. And looked. And looked. And looked. I turned my head a full 90 degrees to follow the line to my left. Off in the far, far distance, the line went around the corner and disappeared behind the stand of trees. To that corner, the line was already about 300 meters long (400+ people) and who knows how much further it continued beyond that corner.
I had no intention of finding a spot at the end of that line, then waiting for hours before admission into the museum. You had been looking forward to this, though, so I didn't want to tell you. Serendipitously, you looked at the line, let out a little shout, than started to moan in your 'I'm complaining' kind of way. There it was, that sealed the deal. You weren't into the line either.
We turned around and went home.

1 comment:

  1. Me too! Lines are awful! When rai starts really walking you have to take him to the randall museum. So much fun and its free!

    ReplyDelete