Thursday, October 6, 2011

One out of Millions

My daily routine includes checking out the latest on about 10 or 20 websites. From what I've heard and read, I'm not out of the ordinary. Most people on the internet have their small handful of websites that they check daily. Devoted to our own little piece of the world wide web, it's easy to forget just how many websites there are out there. We found the San Fran Psycho.com truck on Judah the other day. Checking out this SF surf culture site, I realized that there are thousands and thousands of interesting sites like it out there, just waiting to be found. Actually, as of June, 2011 the number of websites on the web was approaching 350. 350 million. Wow! That is an incredible number. It really drives home the fact that there really is something out there for everyone. Any interest, any hobby, no matter how obscure has at least one website devoted to it. How many will it be by the time Rai and Ko starting surfing the web?

No comments:

Post a Comment