There's one tall and one wide bookcase in your room. Both are packed with books that you can't get enough of. Every evening, right before bedtime (why do your parents do that to you?!) we read you one of those brilliant stories. You follow along, eyes shining, darting back and forth, taking in all the action in the pictures as we put words to all that commotion on the page.
And, the stories, they're the kind that get your mind racing, your imagination flowing. You just can't believe that there are such incredible tales to be told. I mean, we haven't cut any corners in the book department here. Only the best for little Rai, we always say.
One of tonight's four stories was a real cliffhanger, a brilliantly written, character-driven tale of three people and the deep bond that they share. With a gift for brevity, the author uses prose that would draw even the most skeptical reader in. Unmatched use of the English language keeps one engaged throughout.
This is a story for all ages, one that echos of great poetry where every word is carefully chosen and verses are constructed masterfully. The results are single sentences that exude so much meaning that a lesser writer would need to devote pages, even chapters to.
And so, I'd like to share the story with our readers. There is no need to paraphrase, I can easily recount the story in its entirety here:
I love Mommy. Mommy loves me.
I love Daddy. Daddy loves me.
I love you. You love me.
No comments:
Post a Comment