During our first winter in Belgrade, whilst Ash and the boys went home to San Francisco, I acquainted myself with the Balkans by taking a long trip south from Serbia. On this holiday, I wanted to show Ash and the boys some of the incredible places that I had discovered. We began with North Macedonia, a necessary part of any trip south from Serbia. Macedonia, however, is a wonderful necessity, particular it's extreme western route following the mountains that create it's border with Albania. Macedonia's unique capital, Skopje, was our first stop. Then, the Matka Canyon and a brief visit to Tetovo's painted mosque on the way to Mavrovo in the mountains. The next day, we visited Sveti Bigorski Monastery on the way to North Macedonia's crown jewel, the ancient lakeside town of Ohrid.
Wednesday, June 24, 2026
Winter Holiday 2024 - Balkan Circuit: North Macedonia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment