Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Glam Rock Revival

Rai's hair keeps getting longer and longer. We've mentioned that he often gets mistaken for a girl. That stage may be passing. He seems to have moved beyond "oh, it's a cute little girl with shoulder length hair" to "why haven't his parents trimmed his hair yet?"
That's fine with us. We were inspired last summer by a 5 year old boy we saw at the playground who had flowing, blond hair all the way down to his waist. Rai has only 3 more years and a lot more hair to go. We'll get there!
The ultimate goal, of course, is a full-on glam rock era revival, circa 1981. Glitter rock, of course, surfaced in the '70s, but the bands I tend to remember all enjoyed their greatest songs (and greatest hair) in the '80s. Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, Poison, Whitesnake, Quiet Riot, and so many others were household names for our generation. We'll make a hair band revivalist of Rai yet. I thought I heard somewhere that parents' dreams are supposed to be lived out through their kids...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete