Monday, May 10, 2010

The Park

In the nature versus nurture debate, I really believe that nurture is an enormously strong determinant of one's personality and abilities. In my opinion, nurture has a much stronger influence over one's destiny with genetics playing a much smaller role.
That said, I really believe that the time we spent in nature with you, Rai, when you were just a few weeks old and in your first few months have really had an impact on you. That early exposure to grass, the trees, flowers, hills, and running water has (I hope) imprinted in you, a love for nature that may not be present in infants that were kept "safely" indoors for their first few months.
There are many ways to bring a smile to your face but one sure way is to walk you down into Golden Gate Park. You love it.

1 comment:

  1. 一個人的際遇在第一次總是最深刻的,有時候甚至會讓人的心變成永遠的絕緣。......................................................

    ReplyDelete