For several years, we've given our money to Mandalay, the older and perhaps less popular of the two. Whereas you may have to stand in line for a half hour or more at Burma Superstar, at Mandalay, provided you arrive for an early dinner, you can always expect to be seated immediately. The food? Excellent! Better than Burma Superstar? Hard to say -- both share very similar menus and the marquee items such as the
We ate there last night, Rai. You aren't quite ready for their dishes yet, but you definitely enjoyed the atmosphere and the hospitality of the family that runs the restaurant. Even though we haven't been there for many months now, they remembered us and you. How they could remember you, we don't know. You are nothing like that baby we brought in there those many months ago. Next time, you can even try the food and... what's that? You want one of those fancy drinks with the umbrella in it? Sure, that too!
I'm not sure why I am tugging at your ear, Rai.
ReplyDeleteI assure you (and everyone else wondering why I did it) that that is not something that I normally do. There had to be a reason for my ear tugging but, I don't seem to recall what it was. Whatever the case, you don't seem to mind and that's what we love about you -- you go along with everything and rarely complain.
Ah yes, little Rai, grandpa remembers. You had been itching that ear just before dad took the video. And you know your mother, she wants to always make sure you are okay. So she took a quick look inside to see if there was anything wrong. Knowing her, she probably snuck in an, "I Love You" in the process. She'll find any excuse to do that.
ReplyDelete