Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Gearing Up for the Next Big Sporting Event

Inspired by the Vancouver Olympics, and Canada's outstanding gold medal count and hockey victory, Rai, you have decided to begin training for the next big international sporting event.
The next big one is the FIFA World Cup taking place in South Africa this summer.
You've got just a few short months left to train. Well, let's be honest: you still need to learn how to kick. Infants are remarkably quick learners, though, so we're keeping our hopes up. Perseverance, too, always pays off, and you can't get enough of that soccer ball. Just a few more months... if you're not drafted this time, we're certain the scouts will get you four years from now.
I guess I shouldn't mention how my Dad brought a soccer ball home for your Uncle and I one day when we were young and that we did not become footballers in any sense of the word. Soccer remains my worse sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment