Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Anything to Keep you Entertained

Rai, if someone told me a year and a half ago that I would one day tie a whoozit (an infant toy) to my head using a swaddling blanket and then proceed to growl and bark like a dog while feigning attack on a 4-month old infant, I would have told them they're crazy.
Today, I tied a whoozit (an infant toy) to my head using a swaddling blanket and then proceeded to growl and bark like a dog while feigning attack on a 4-month old infant (you). Well, no one told me that I'd one day do this but, if they had, I guess I would have to eat my words.
And why did I do this, you may ask? The answer is simple: to entertain you, my little boy. You've always been very curious and alert but, we've noticed that in this past month, you've really taken a big leap in your ability to observe the world around you. You are so anxious to check everything out around you that the patience that you once had for laying on your back quietly has virtually run out. Nowadays, you want to move around and interact with everything and everyone all the time.
The best part is that you let us know. If we lay you down, a moment later you're talking up a storm, a string of gurgles and half-yells that clearly state: "Pick me up right this minute and entertain me!" Hey, we like that kind of 'I know what I want' panache. Keep this up and all kinds of doors will open for you, little Rai. Everyone appreciates a little gumption.
And so, the never-ending search for things that entertain you has begun. What will I tie to my head next?

1 comment:

  1. omg, i love his little laugh! can't wait to see him next week (and you guys, of course!)

    ReplyDelete