Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rai Loves Bedtime

Rai, it's clear that you're a mellow baby with a relaxed temperament. We've been reminded countless times about "how lucky (we) are to have such a chill and calm baby". We know it.
Even bedtime has been an easy affair. No fussing, no commotion, no complaints or crying. You know when you're tired, we know when you're tired and we always agree on the best time to put you in your crib. You drink a little, then drift off to sleep quickly and quietly.
To be completely honest, you really enjoy those few minutes before bedtime. You laugh and smile so much when we're putting on your pajamas and you love when we zip up that sleeping sack of yours.
Then again, I would be happy and excited too if I knew that I could wake up as many times as I want and each time have someone answering my slightest whimper or sigh, a bottle in hand, and an arm to lay in. Four and a half months into this and we're still responding to your every call during the night. Some advice warns us that this is the time to begin to ignore some of your requests despite the crying that may follow. All we ask is six hours of uninterrupted sleep. Can you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment