Friday, May 1, 2009

A New Tradition Begins

Today, a tradition, a ritual if you will, began.
This ritual will be observed almost daily for hundreds, maybe thousands of days to come.
Today, you had your first warm, steamy bath at home.
We followed that up with your first bedtime story.
Sure, we've got a huge pile of nursery rhyme collections and children's books stacked waist high in your room but for your very first story, I wanted to get you into the good stuff! Having bought the latest Batman books at the shop the day before, I pulled out Batman: Gotham After Midnight #12 and read it to you. You were engrossed in the story as this suspenseful tale which had been developing for a full year now, came to a dramatic and shocking close in this final 12th issue.
Not to worry, little Rai, I get a fresh pile of 3 or 4 comic books every week so you'll never run out of these great stories! Tune in next time. Same bat time. Same bat channel.

1 comment:

  1. mac, i can't believe you punned on your baby blog.

    ReplyDelete