Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Regression

Sometimes, all it takes is a an old, familiar song, photo, or even a smell to weaken a dam inside the mind. Once that dam is weakened, memories start to trickle in, then flood. For me, this happens a lot, especially when I'm listening to songs from my teenage years. So many memories I though lost, come back to me and it's almost like I'm transported back to that time.
For Rai, the same is true but he doesn't yet have songs to associate with his younger days. He has toys. Like all of us, he likes to sometimes regress back to simpler times. We found him doing this the other day in his room where he had discovered his old play station in the corner. Somehow, he had gotten himself back into the saucer, and found himself trapped. The predicament didn't concern him, though, he was too busy playing with all those rattles and noise makers that took him months, even a year back... Oh, to be young again!

No comments:

Post a Comment