Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rai is 23 Months Old Today!

As Rai turns 23 months old, we can't help looking forward to next month when he'll turn 2 years old. With that birthday on our minds, it was Rai who had to remind us: "I'm still under 2! I'm only 23 months old!"
With that, we set our focus back on the number 23 and, the first thing I always think of when I see or hear the number 23 is the greatest basketball player of all time. Back in my early teens, I spent hours upon hours watching Michael Jordan highlight reels, marveling at his moves, idolizing the man for the awesome player he was. Now, it's Rai that is my idol. I watch his moves closer than I ever did Jordan's. We laugh with Rai, we celebrate with him, we explore with him. This is so much better!
Our hopes for Rai do not lie in athletics, though. We take pride in our understanding of the world, its countries, and its people. This is something that we will pass on to our two boys. We hope Rai can appreciate the learning that comes with travel as we did. We'll begin Rai's global lessons locally. Below are some San Francisco facts all involving the number 23. At 23 months, we expect Rai to know all of them. This is only the beginning of his journey to understanding the world, that Austria and Australia are two very different places (see video below).
Facts:
- The Golden Gate Bridge has 23 miles of ladders
- 23% of San Francisco's population is aged 20-34
- Of 36 men that attempted escape from Alcatraz during it's 29 years as a prison, 23 were caught
- it is estimated that disposable diapers cost 23 cents per diaper in San Francisco
- the genuine Snapple Bottle Cap Fact #23 : San Francisco's cable cars are the only mobile National Monument
- the San Francisco Soup Company's Greek Lemon Chicken & Artichoke soup has 23 grams of protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment