For the last day, a fellow math teacher, Mr.Page, excitedly told me, "Let's both be Ms.Walker (another math teacher) for the day!" My response, "Doug, are you really going to dress as a woman?" I just couldn't see him doing it. "Of course." So, I arrived that day wearing a skirt, tight top, a bra and a woman's wig. I looked nothing like Ms.Walker. Still, I was all woman.
Naturally, after arriving at school, my first task was to hunt down
Doug to see how he had done at becoming Ms.Walker. I couldn't find him, but a minute after the first period bell, he found me. Even as my students were still in shock over my appearance and claim to be 'Ms.Walker', Doug rushed into my room. "Okay class, we will begin with the Daily Check and then we will talk about..."I looked at him, surprised. He was not a woman. Instead, he was wearing socks with flip-flops. Ridiculous, right? He was also wearing a tie with a bright t-shirt. Even more ridiculous, right?
Just as I was saying, "Wait a minute, you're not Ms.Walker..." it dawned
on me: Doug was me. I'm the one who wears flip-flops, t-shirt and tie every day. That's the Flisak look at school.The Mr.Flisak twin rushed into my classroom at the beginning of every period all day long and in the halls, I spotted more 'Flisaks'. Three others were Flisak for the day, including Ms.Walker. I was all alone as Ms.Walker on this day.
Just another typical day at our high school, Rai? Yes, it was.
Ha! So funny, I love it. It's our spirit week this week too. Today was class colors day (each grade has a color), tomorrow is geek, Wednesday pj, Thursday Hollywood (whatever that means) and Friday is Halloween, of course. So much over lap. I love the "mismatch" day!
ReplyDeleteOur next spirit week includes "yourself in 60 years day" as we couldn't think of shorter yet still politically correct way of saying "old grandma/pa day"
Em