Once into Greece, coming from Albania, I headed due south, towards the remarkable suspension bridge at Patras which would take me from northern Greece to the Peloponnese, the huge landmass making up the very south of Greece, before all the islands. In the Peloponnese, I began with Ancient Olympia, then the beautiful Voidokilia Beach, before making it to the very south, the three "fingers" of the Peloponnese, where I spent most of my time on the mountainous Mani peninsula with its incredible, but forgotten stone villages. From there, it was a day at Monemvasia, the village on a giant rock in the sea. Then, north to Nafplion, and the historic sites of Mycenae and Epidaurus before finishing at Corinth. The end of the world and far from everything feel of these places made them some of the most memorable spots on this entire journey!
Monday, February 12, 2024
Winter Vacation:The Peloponnese
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment