Weekends have churned up a new tradition in our home. Either Ashe or I attempt a new recipe.

Unfortunately, this time, it was Dad's turn and the chocolate cookies I made were so, so awful! Being a math teacher, I know that I got all the proportions right so I'll blame the disaster on the fact that I replaced nearly every ingredient with a "healthy" substitute. Instead of flour, I used mashed black beans (really!). Instead of sugar, I used stevia. Instead of oil and butter, I used mashed bananas. And,

instead of chocolate chips, I used carob chips. The result wasn't quite what I had hoped for nor what I had been craving, which was chocolate chip cookies. Instead, my creation tasted more like mashed beans and mashed bananas mixed with chocolate. I'll try to be a little more authentic and less healthy next time. I think getting rid of the beans and accepting flour may be a good start.
No comments:
Post a Comment