Friday, November 13, 2009

When's the Next World Trip?

Rai, you've been eyeing that antique globe in our living room for quite some time now. It's obvious that, like me, you're wondering: "When will we take the next around-the-world trip?" I've been asking your Mom that for months (maybe even years) now, Rai.
You've heard a bit about our travels and you know that you too were produced in a foreign land so it's only natural that you have a bit of that travel itch inside of you too. So, I'll just throw out what's been on my mind concerning travel with you. Full disclosure may plant the seed for a tree that may one day blossom.
I strongly believe that travel experiences in one's early years (before 5 years of age) are highly formative. I have no doubt that my own passion for and desire to travel are the result of the traveling and living abroad that my family did before I was 5 years old.
So, I hope to give you a long and influential travel experience before you reach the ripe old age of five. My dream is to have you traverse the Himalaya, seeking refuge in one mountain monastery after another. A few months of mountain vistas, simple living, meditation and life amongst monks will give you an experience that will surely shape who you will be in the future. Here's wishing that my dream may come true.

2 comments:

  1. Did you get that, Rai? Not before you are 25, but before you are 5. So it sounds like we have some work to do. Forget about "mommy" or "daddy" as your first words. No, no my little guy. We have to start working on: "Om". And then, learning the proper manner of carrying the alms basket wouldn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mac...I totally agree. I have been bitten by the travel bug ever since I paid for my first ever travel on my own and will never stop! :o) Sara has been to New Mexico and England and hopefully next year we'll conquer NYC, Manhattan & NJ then Malaysia in early 2011 and she won't even be THREE yet! She loves it and it still amazes me how well she does on the flights...just one advice, if they're teething whilst travelling, it can be a problem (cos Sara became a very different & difficult baby for the shortest time though it can seem very long) but your will-power to succeed will overcome any problems! Have fun planning those trips!

    ReplyDelete