Friday, May 24, 2013

Cruising Around the Hood

The latest activity that Rai and Ko have grasped onto is the daily 30 minutes to 1 hour spent cruising up and down the sidewalk in front of our place. The forest around our group of apartments is a graveyard for old and discarded toys so there is always some kind of "vehicle" lying around for the boys to use. Recently, Ko claimed a tiny, pink "truck" as his own and, in just a few weeks, he has truly become a master at maneuvering it down hills and around sharp bends. Really, it's amazing to watch him control his little, pink truck .Until today, Rai's vehicle of choice was a blue tricycle with some serious off-road wheels. However, last weekend, we found a small bike in his color: pink, at Goodwill. Today, I mounted some training wheels and... he was off!  Quickly, Rai went from boy on tricycle to boy on bike. This is one of those sports milestones in a child's life, is it not? My boy is riding a bike!  Wow! I don't think I got on my first bike until I was twelve or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment