Many years ago, my dad took my brother and I to see a Russian circus troupe. That single

performance easily remains one of the most memorable events that I've ever attended. I've always been a bit of an adrenaline junkie and watching those death-defying feats is enough to even get the spectators adrenaline flowing. On Friday night, Rai attended his first circus. For a week, we showed him videos of the Cirque du Soleil online and, every day, he would remind us that we were "going to the circus" on Friday. Then, the big night arrived and it was everything that our little boy had imagined it would be. The look of astonishment never left his face and,

despite the spectacle on stage, we couldn't get our eyes off our spellbound boy. Did we mention that we had FRONT ROW seats? Rai even got a couple high fives from some performers. We later heard that the minimum age recommended for children attending the Cirque du Soleil is seven in the U.S. The age recommendation differs from country to country but America has the highest minimum age because our kids are considered a little more babied than others. All the more reason that we're proud that Rai made it through the two hour performance without incident. Years from now, I hope this single night stays in his memory as vividly as the Russian Circus has in mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment