Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I'd Rather Be Home, But...

After a fantastic 2 weeks off with Ashe and my two boys, I returned to work last Wednesday.
I'd rather be at home with the family, but I did get a nice welcome from my students and it was good to return just in time for the annual Hallowe'en Costume Contest.
Regular readers, you may remember our tale from last year: the story of two teachers who went all out to dress up for Hallowe'en, who faced rejection and weren't even included in the video of the event. Those same two teachers, Ashe and I, returned the next year to win the top costume honor! That was last year. This year, Ashe was at home so we couldn't repeat our 'family costume'.
So, I decided to go with a costume idea that I've had for a few years. I'm Mr.Flisak so why not dress up as a 'sack of fleas' ?! I went for it. I was Super Flea Sack.
I guess the originality and sheer self-deprecating-ness of it was enough to win the judges over.
For the second year in a row, our family has claimed the title of Best Costume! Congratulations to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment