Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Elite
When I first moved to San Francisco, I really enjoyed walking around the neighborhoods -- all the
neighborhoods -- and taking photos of the historic buildings and homes. Each neighborhood had its own personality and history. These days, walking the neighborhoods is a bit different. The second wave of dot.com gentrification has now fully settled into the city and San Francisco is quickly becoming a city for the wealthy only. Even solidly middle class folks such as us are virtually priced out. One bedroom apartments are going for $2500 - $4000. Things are getting a bit crazy. So, as I walk the streets now, I just get sad knowing that this city may be turning a bit one-dimensional. The elite have taken over. And, when a historically and politically significant newspaper like the Guardian shuts down, you know there's something wrong...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment