Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Focaccia Time!

It doesn't come often, but when it does, the craving must be met. Every so often, I wake up on a Sunday morning thinking about nothing but a large, rectangular slab of greasy, doughy bread covered in thinly sliced mushrooms. Yes, I'm thinking of Liguria Bakery's famous focaccia bread. On those rare Sundays, I put the boys in the car and we make the drive to North Beach. While driving, we are hoping the entire way that they haven't yet sold out of that morning's load of bread. As soon as they sell out (which could be 11 am, or 10 am, or even 9 am) they shut their doors for the day and put the "Closed" sign on the door. Business is brisk and consistent at the Liguria Bakery and for good reason.  We made it just in time last Sunday morning but had to settle for some olive focaccia instead of our usual mushroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment